Role of Content Marketing in Search Engine Optimization
Content marketing is the major tool in search engine optimization to present readers with the content they are eager to read, and thus taking them to the destined website. It also increases web traffic along with providing useful information on variety of platforms on World Wide Web.
The ultimate goal is to optimize the content in a way that it gets crawled at search engines, giving a website top page ranking.
Content marketing and search engine optimization are interlinked and do not survive without each other just like best buddies. SEO is as lifeless without content marketing as fish without water. Therefore, to infuse life into your SEO efforts, content marketing is the only road to success.
What is Content?
Content is information that is expressed through some medium in writing or publishing. These are the words assembled to make some readable text that makes sense to readers. Books, magazines, advertisements and any sort of media include content.
What is Web Content?
“Content is king”, “Content is where I expect much of the real money will be made on the Internet, just as it was in broadcasting”, said Bill Gates in 1996.
Web content is the content written for websites and can be in textual, or visual form. Web content can be divided in 2 parts:
- Text: written content
- Multimedia: Animation, Images, Sound, Video
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the marketing of web content that is defined at content marketing institute as:
“Content marketing is a strategic marketing approach focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action.”
It can include any format like text, video, e-book, infographic, DIY guides, how-to blogs, articles, reports etc.
It is also the art of communicating with visitors or customers, informing them or promoting your products or services. It revolves around marketing the information that influences readers.
Who Performs Content Marketing?
Content marketing is the activity designed and performed by marketing professionals such as SEO experts or social media managers. There are also available so many SEO services providing companies.
Why: Reasons of Content Marketing in SEO
Over the years, content writing is being focused as means of informing, educating or entertaining web visitors. Now, SEO is also found to have deep roots with content marketing that is integrated into web marketing strategies to attain certain objectives. There are so many reasons to engage in content marketing for search engine optimization, some of which are:
- The basic purpose of content marketing is to attract readers to that website or web page where they can get more information, and also to retain them in order to enhance consumer behavior.
- Content Marketing has the power to deliver quality lead generation by converting organic traffic into high quality sales leads (high conversion rate).
- 80% Potential buyers go through sales funnel before getting engaged with a brand. Therefore, content marketing influences decision makers or buyers to seek company information through articles, blogs or other content.
- Quality content marketing also improves ROI. Companies who work on content marketing show stronger ROI than those who fail to do so.
- Content marketing improves search engine ranking. Good content is always rewarded by search engines therefore it takes that website to top SERP.
There is a big list of content marketing tools and platforms where an SEO can market the content. Some of these content marketing platform are paid and some for absolutely free. Content marketing is done on platforms like:
- Guest Blogs
- Press releases
- Social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Book marking sites
You can also view a complete list of such content marketing platform here.How: Content Marketing Strategies
Content marketing professionals have a well-defined content marketing strategy that they follow. They use so many tactics to develop content reliability or credibility, keeping their target audience in mind.
eTek Studio is a known company who is known for providing SEO services in Dubai. It is credited for promising content marketing for search engine optimization. Its recent content marketing for the project Crux Interiors in Dubai resulted in getting top page ranking at google.ae.
Some of the keywords and their ranking is presented in table:
You can check out Crux Interior’s social media stats within short span of time here:
All the content whether for blogs or other platforms was created strategically, always keeping readers and visitors in mind. Their need for seeking information, latest trends, hot topics and what’s going on other interior designing blogs have inspired eTek Studio’s content writing team to decide about fresh and quality content for www.cruxinteriors.com
Benefits of Content Marketing in Search Engine Optimization
SEO is a piece of puzzle that is resolved by working on multiple strategies. Content marketing is one of its fast friends to attain goals that SEO experts aim for.
A great content is the back bone if you want to persuade or engage anyone. There are never ending benefits of content marketing in search engine optimization, some of very well-known include:
- Generating More Inbound Traffic for Your Website
- Promoting Positive Brand Image
- Building Brand Awareness by Engaging Target Audience
- Generating More Leads
- Increasing Sales
- Building Natural Link Popularity
- Cheap Than Other Forms of Marketing
- Providing Relevant Information to Visitors